DGI Payments Are Starting to Roll In

As mentioned in my Starting Point post, I made the switch back in March 2016 to Dividend Growth Investing. It has taken a couple months or so, but I am starting to see the fruits of labor of that switch. Stocks that I had purchased at that time, are getting to their Ex-Dividend, Dividend Record Dates, and Dividend Payment dates, and am starting to see these new payments coming in. It sure is a sight to behold, as I am getting that momentum ball rolling.

This past May I received $3.42 from Apple (AAPL), $1.04 from Abbott Laboratories (ABT), in addition to the amounts I received from pre-DGI holdings AT&T (T): $12.96, Prospect Capital (PSEC): $18.50, and Amerigas (APU): $23.50. The pre-DGI holdings do have a 2 year head start on my new DGI positions, but soon enough they will catch up. For May 2016, it was a grand total of $59, not an obscene amount of wealth, but it is better than $0, and I can get the compounding machine rolling in the right direction this time. I also just received $2.86 from Intel (INTC) on June 1st. These are small amounts now, but I will build on these positions, and they will compound, and I am excited to see what they will become once they have had a couple years to grow.

May has actually been the month of adding to my small ABT position, as I like the direction they are headed, even though they are dealing with some headwinds from the acquisition of St. Jude's Medical as well as their earlier acquisition of Alere. I loaded up on 30 additional shares, after the May Dividend Record date, so I won't see these fruits until August, but am excited for the future, both of this company, and of my portfolio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 2017 Dividends

Regret and Hope

March 2017 Dividends